Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Version of Bucket List


The film The Bucket List that starred Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman inspired me. It is a story about two old cancer stricken men – one who has a family (Freeman) who worked all his life for his family and the other (Nicholson) is a rich guy who owns a hospital but who lived alone and who comes with his handy assistant guy. The two became roommates in the hospital when they were both confined for chemotherapy. It was not long when the two became friends and eventually went out of the hospital to pursue the bucket list that Freeman wrote. This bucket list is a list of the things that he wants to accomplish before he dies. Nicholson, having the financial means, offered to go with Freeman. They went to different places and did daredevil things that you would not imagine two cancer patients would do.


Anyways, I would not wait to be sick and eventually meet a rich friend who can be with me to pursue my bucket list. My bucket list got no rules, whatever goes in my heart, I’ll write. My list may range from serious to crazy stuff. Here is my bucket list:


1. Write letters or short notes to all the people in my life – my family, friends, workmates and even those whom I’ve met briefly. Well, partly I was able to do that through my recent blogs (Friends – I Don’t Have Much but the Ones I’ve Got are More than Treasures).


2. Give blessings to every soul I meet. When you give blessings to every people you meet along the way, you acknowledge their presence and the thought that they are in your life (or you have called them in your life) for some of the simplest or the most important lessons that you have to undergo. Giving blessings need not be verbal, it can be given in silence.


3. Forgive. By forgiving, it doesn’t mean that you see someone has committed a sin or has done you wrong. You do not see yourself having committed a sin or has done someone wrong. It simply means letting go and releasing. You simply do not hold on. Forgiving is letting go, letting be, without judgment. It is seeing beyond the form.


4. I’ll have my last tattoo piece or pieces.


5. I’ll write, direct and produce my dream film. It need not be shown in a big theater and be seen my many. I’ll be simply happy if this dream will be realized. I feel this film will be something that speaks of the soul.


6. I’ll email Johnny Depp, my favorite actor. Or if I do change my mind, perhaps I’ll email James Blunt the singer / songwriter.


7. I’ll leave my family the design of my tomb and what shall be written on it. Actually, I’ve pin tucked a magazine clipping of an angel sculpture in my locker at home years ago. Mind you, it is still safely tucked there. It would be a bonus if there will be a nice cat statue beside the li’l angel.


8. I’ll have a nice suntan.


9. I’ll have a small exhibit of my artworks open to all my friends and those who want to know my soul.


10. I’ll go bunjee jumping.


11. I’ll try to see and listen with the soul. I used to say that I think first before I feel (typical of a Gemini), I’d say I’m more of a thinker than a “feeler” then. Now I am learning to see, feel and listen from the soul.


12. To keep in mind that I have all the freedom to be who I want to be (that is to define who I am, how I choose life to be) but I do not have the freedom to control how I want others to be (or how they choose to experience life). I’ve read somewhere that “Masters give themselves the freedom to make any choice they wish – and give those they love the same freedom.”


13. To try to keep up with Simple Abundance. To live in the knowledge that what I’ve got is all that I need and what I do not have, I do not need. That all is perfect and is in its divine order.


14. To try to continue writing. If possible, to try to help others in their healing through my writings and in the process, heal myself as well. We are all born healers.


15. To be where I need to be and not have doubts about it.


16. Love and be nothing but love. Yup, you got it right, I’ll be LOVE and nothing but LOVE ‘cause I am love like you and everyone else. Love is the truth of our being.


17. I’ll buy an antic treasure chest where I’ll keep all the books that I’ve read. Sounds a bit eerie but I know in time, these books will find the next person who’s meant to read them and be with them.


18. Learn to play the guitar and I mean really play it.


19. Try to sing again… I haven’t sung a song since my mom passed away.


20. Use my name Eira for one whole day… Eira is my soul name. That’s why when I write, I sign it with Eira. That means I’m writing from the soul.


Like the characters of Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, they did not care of their sickness, if they are gonna die tomorrow, they simply lived the moment. They lived in the now. I just wish everyone will find time to live the moment and not be bothered by anything at all, be it sickness, financial status or life’s low moments. After all, you just have to recognize that all you have asked or prayed for is already given to you. Or shall I say, it’s been with you all along. It’s a matter of finding it within you.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Cousin! You've inspired me to create my own bucket list. Here's to that song you're about to sing soon... dear Eira! Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete