Saturday, January 2, 2010

Some Songs in My Life at the Moment


I have downloaded a few nice songs that I do consider my favorite these days. I’ve got seven versions of Moon River (that of Audrey Hepburn, Sarah Brightman, Henry Mancini, etc.), two versions of An Affair to Remember (Nat King Cole, The Philippine Madrigal Singers), Tori Amos’ 1000 Oceans and the greatest song that I’ve ever heard, No Other Love (Chopin).


I’ve grown to love these songs since I was a little girl even if I do not know the lyrics then, I just know the melody and hummed it. Perhaps it’s the singer and the old soul in me that made me fall in love with these songs.


I remember telling someone that when I grow old, I’m gonna tell my children and perhaps my children’s children about this guy whom I considered my one great love. When I told him this, it was a spontaneous thought, I just said it the way I’ve honestly felt it that time.


I believe, each one of us has our own love stories to tell and songs that go with them. That each of us had at one point our lives fell in love, loved, was loved and became love itself in the process.


Love, like songs do not vanish, though they sometimes fade away… and may even go out of tune… they do not end… they just evolve. Our life unfolds like a beautiful love song, it is definitely worth singing, perhaps be danced upon…. It is a love song worth remembering.


Songs need not be sung perfectly. The nicest melodies are the ones that come from the soul. A perfect song is one that crosses the boundaries of time and a lot of other limitations of this world.


There are no rules on how you choose to sing your songs, on how you wish to experience life. Simply sing it from your soul and dance according to your heart’s desire.


A love song may be a sad song or a happy song. It simply depends on how you wish to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment