Wednesday, March 17, 2010

“As A Child of Light, I am Ageless. Forever is My Time Frame...”


What’s with age really? For me, it is just one of our worldly labels. To some, it measures and defines one’s maturity or physical existence.


To the vainest of the vain, they would do anything to either hide their real age or to prolong their youth. With all honesty, I do respect them, it’s totally their choice. It is where they will be most happy and at peace most likely.


Age is physical thing. It is something that can be felt and can definitely be seen. Age can never be defied, well, that’s how others choose to see it.


Age is something that we can choose to enjoy as we experience it. It is just a matter of choosing how you wish to experience age.


I remember when I was a kid, I feared getting old and perhaps dying old. In fact, I even have this desired age when I will die or when I would want to die. As I got older and should I say, wiser, I’ve realized that age is just age and nothing else. The soul has no age. It thrives and lives in eternity.


I would like to believe that I am ageless and not bounded by time. This is how I wish to experience this life. This is how I choose to experience this my so-called life.


It is not so much of a claim but an affirmation, a conviction. I never wished to deny nor defy age. I’ve read somewhere that the hands age first than any other part of our body. Well, perhaps there is some truth to it. I can now see the lines in my hands…. I am well, happy about it or having them.


I see my age not as the number of birth years that I have but the times spent in my journey through life. It includes all the ups and downs, the happy and sad memories and a whole lot of other things.


1 comment: