Monday, May 24, 2010

Trying to Dig Into Death


For a long time, people have been trying to question or perhaps understand what death is. Most have this great fear of death. Some would even want to conquer and challenge death.


Films like Meet Joe Black, What Dreams May Come and City of Angels are some films that explored the concept of death.


It is interesting to have read that the way people die is their own subconscious choosing. Well, the idea seems to be eerie and unacceptable but isn’t it interesting to know that people up until their time of death are still given the privilege to use their free will? Free will -- a birthright that we all have.


I just observe that most of us just see the two sides of the coin -- on one side is life and on the other side is death. We only see the dualities of this earth school. A lot of us have not discovered that there is something beyond these two sides of the coin – beyond life and death. That there is something called Eternity.


If there is one thing that I have held unto when my Mom died a year ago, it is the concept of seeing beyond her death – that is Eternity. I know that if there is indeed eternity, then nothing and no one can ever be lost. The soul never dies.


I suggest people to try to see beyond the form, beyond death, beyond the painful experiences we’ve had in life. Try to see that you are exactly where you need to be at that very moment and that you need to experience everything that moment has to offer including the pains and sadness.


When people would ask me if I am afraid of death, I’d honestly say, well in some ways I am but I know that the way I’ll die is of my subconscious choosing. I actually have an idea how I will exit this life. I would want a silent exit.


I am not attempting to answer what death really is, I am just trying to see what death for me is and to see beyond the form of death. In the process, I am freeing myself from the fear of death. I know that my life doesn’t end where death enters.


I shall say to death when death comes…. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment