Thursday, April 30, 2009

On Being with Children


Last March, I had the chance to work with five different kids for a tv commercial, casting work of which, I did... They are Mika, Ella, Andres, Eisen & Renz.

I believe these kids were heaven sent. Aside from the talents that they all got, I would say they have definitely made me smile & feel lighter during the sad moments of my life. I remember at the print shoot when our client asked my assistant Dexter to lead the prayer before the lunch, he declined & volunteered for me instead. I remember that in that prayer I thanked "the Big Guy up there" for bringing me these kids & letting me work with them & meeting their parents during the work.

I also got to know Mika's Mom Angelika... I even complemented her for being such a great mom to her little girl. I've got to work with a lot of kids for tv commercial work in my almost 10 years in the advertising / tv commercial production.... but with Mika's mom, the love for her child is so transparent & sincere that everyone around her would definitely feel it.

I would also commend the other parents 'cause all the kids are well mannered and are just simply enjoying and having fun during the tvc project... Candidly asking questions that they would like to ask... Singing, dancing , playing when they feel like doing so.

How I wish to see these kids grow up in the future, perhaps cast them again for teen-age roles... I just wish their innocence as children would remain.

Remember that line from a song by Jewel that says "Innocence can't be lost, it needs to be maintained".

I know to some it may sound so idealistic . . . or too "new agey" . . . but I know that to some of you out there, the dream of returning to innocence is within reach.

To my assistant Dexter for really taking care of the kids during the project, thanks!

To our client, Ms. EYG who loves kids as I remember way back early 2000 tvc projects with her, Salamat po!

To Tita Pinky, Direk Louie, Sir Joel, Sir Marty, Sir Awel, Denden, Chriz , Meanne, Belt & all RS people salamat po sa inyo ng marami! :)

2 comments:

  1. Children . . . are a lifetime investment!

    The innocence, the fun and laughter can only be had in its full glory as we unfold our "child like" qualities.

    Such opportunities of working with and interacting with children are rare nowadays . . . as we are pre-occupied with the trappings of this material world. Carpediem!

    Awesome insights!

    Carry On!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Innocence can't be lost, it needs to be maintained". ~~ Love it!=)

    ReplyDelete