Friday, May 1, 2009

Wounds

When I was a kid, I used to hate getting wounds or cuts... Well, I was kinda afraid of seeing blood then. I was able to overcome that fear of blood when I had my thyroid surgery during my college.... I had several tests when I was being prepared for the surgery, that included several blood tests & a host of other lab tests. Enough to make me tougher and even braver.

We all got wounds -- minor cuts, bruises, deep wounds, emotional wounds, scars, keloids. Who on earth doesn't have wounds? Not unless you're one of those celebrity endorsers of big skin care centers.

There are even those who get scarification instead of tattoos. I've seen a few in the net & I kinda find it odd and sorry, a bit ugly. I keep wondering why some would resort to having their skin scarred. Well, it must be the same thing how others would feel towards people who got their skin inked... I've got several odd reactions from some friends & people when they find out that I've got tattoos.

Mind you, I'm tolerant of pain, perhaps that's the reason why I can get tattoos. For me, pain is a mind thing... just like any other thing in this world.

When friends would ask me how it feels to have your skin inked, I readily give them a visual feel of how the needle gets into your skin...

My tattoos, like my wounds are part of me. Like wounds, they may fade in time.... I may have them retouched or enhanced but never will I have them erased.

Just let all your wounds heal. Wounds are a part of life. Perhaps, you would agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment