Monday, May 18, 2009

Living in the Moment


I remember having dated this particular guy twice. A coffee date and a movie date. Mind you, it was Pirates of the Caribbean, the very first one. He was so apologetic about the film, well we both came from Mowelfund and we both know the difference between a film and a movie. I didn’t mind at all, it was a Johnny Depp movie anyway and I’m a huge fan. He was my batch mate at Mowelfund. Well, to add to that, I kinda like this guy then. He looks like Ken of the F4 in the Taiwanese soap Meteor Garden. He’s the prim and proper type. At that time he was also working in the production.

While havin’ coffee, a casual question popped out from this guy. (That was a Sunday or a Saturday, a lot of kids & parents are passing by the coffee shop.) He asked me at what age do I plan to get married and have kids. I candidly answered, “I don’t really plan things out…. I hate to have things laid out much… I don’t do things in order from 1 to 10…. It’s just not me…” Little did I know then that what I was trying to point out to him is that “I do live in the moment”.

Perhaps a guy hearing those words from me would get turned off. He might probably say that I’m a happy go lucky person in her 20’s who doesn’t have a foresight of what her life should be.

Living in the moment…. going with the flow… is not irresponsibility or having no plans at all. It is trusting and completely letting go of the steering wheel, knowing that a higher and bigger knowledge or being is working with you. It is saying ( or should I say practicing ) “To my Universe, find me where you know I need to be.”

It is letting go of doubts or fears by being aware that everyone is perfect and in the right place in their spiritual journey.

Right now, I’m just living in the moment. My Mom passed away but I did not blame God nor her doctors. I know that all these are part of the things that I have to work on in this lifetime.

I’ve been getting nice tvc projects too. A lot of challenges come my way though, but then again, I just live in the moment. I let things be.

I remember last week Dexter, my assistant in my casting work, asked me what our next move / agenda will be, I jokingly ( but with seriousness into it ) answered that I don’t plan things, I live in the moment.

About a year ago, there was also this friend and my Mowelfund buddy who was so bothered and who keeps on asking what his life would be like when he eventually ties the knot. I told him, If you really want to enjoy life, just be and live the moment. And don’t bother much of the what ifs and what will bes. Lesser worries and disappointments. Lesser doubts, lesser fears. Well, this friend indeed got married and I believe he’s enjoying life.

If you live in the moment, you wouldn’t feel your physical age much. It’s not the anti-aging cream or any other beauty product that will keep you young or even ageless…. it’s living in the moment.

Let go of the past and don’t bother much of the future. Unchain yourself from a lot of worries. Just be in the moment. Indulge in the moment.

To all those money saving freaks or should I say monsters, try this. You might realize that what you have ( at the moment ) is all you need. That’s a simple truth on Simple Abundance.

We can also restate that, what you don’t have is something that you do not need or would not need. Let us not chain ourselves to material things and to physical time (Chronos). There is indeed much more to life than all these.

At the moment, I am working on my entry to a film grant. I am just enjoying my writing, but I don’t worry much if I’ll get the grant or not. Of course, it would be a bonus if I’ll get it. Just a soft whisper to the breezes… Who knows they may just hear it…

1 comment:

  1. nung nabasa ko to i admit nainggit ako sayo sa personality mo the way mo tignan ang buhay kaya mong wag isipin ang bukas ako..mahirap gawin yun, nainggit ako dahil naisip ko sana katulad mong magisip yung tipong walang iniisip na problema tipong bahala na basta lahat ng bagay may paraan at nalulusutan kaya wag ng pang pagaksayahang isipin pa....sulat kapa sulat mo buhay ko heheheh joke!

    ReplyDelete