Thursday, May 7, 2009

On Missing Someone You Love ... your mom, lovelife, partner, kids... What more your Wife...


I admire my dad so much. It’s been only less than three months since my mom passed away. If she’s still alive, they’re gonna be celebrating their 39th wedding anniversary on May 20. Last January, when we attended the 50th wedding anniversary of my mom’s older brother & his wife, we were all just talking about their 50th wedding anniversary which is just a few years away. My three sisters and I were even computing our ages when that big event comes.

I remember about eight years ago when my mom became ill, when she just started having her dialysis, my dad was so sad then…. Telling us that he thought that he and my Mom would grow old together…. That is how my Dad loves our Mother.

Until now, his love for our Mom remains. One time in the cemetery, he told us his daughters that there are times when it would seem that our mom just went some place, perhaps took a vacation somewhere and would come home. Perhaps he greatly misses her. Thirty nine years of love is really something after all compared to the short lived relationship that I’ve had.

Those thirty nine years of great love between our parents is something that one would miss a lot if placed in the situation where my dad is in right now.

He had been with our mom through good and rough times in our lives. He had been true to their vows…. In sickness and in health, in richness and in poor, till death do them part.

I have only seen him cried three times as far as I can remember. When our Lola (his mother) died during 1980’s, second, when his older brother died and last, when our Mom died last March.

I know that in “Kairos” or in Spirit’s time, they shall meet again and continue their eternal love. I believe their relationship is a marriage of souls...

“Kairos is transcendence, infinity, reverence, joy, passion, love, the Sacred. Kairos is Spirit’s time. We exist in Chronos (clocks, deadlines, watches, agendas, schedules… Time at her worst.), we long for Kairos. That’s our duality …. In Kairos, we’re allowed to be. We reconnect with our Divinity in Kairos. Be willing to join in the dance. You are now in Kairos.”

No comments:

Post a Comment