Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Poor Pink Fairy Friend… May the Universe Forgive Those Ugly Creatures in Padre Faura.


Last Tuesday night after my pre-production meeting for my tv commercial project, I immediately went to PGH where my poor Pink Fairy Friend is confined. He was unfortunately held up and was stabbed by merciless creatures at Padre Faura last Sunday night.


I would like to believe that he just happened to be at the wrong place and time that wee hours of Sunday. He was going to a tv shoot location and he was with his teen-ager talent.


I am really shattered to see my friend with big stab wounds in the arm and much deeper stab wounds in the stomach area that damaged his intestines. When he saw me, he couldn’t help but shed tears. He tried so hard to speak and tell me what happened that Sunday. He said he tried to defend himself but there were two men and he was just with a helpless teen-aged boy. He said he doesn’t want to give his I.D. and his cellphone…. perhaps he worked so much for those things.


I’ve known my Pink Fairy Friend around four years ago. He was an assistant to a talent agent and I was a caster. Then time came when he had no work and fortunately, I needed an assistant for my casting work for tv commercials. So I took him in to be my assistant. He is about my age but a bit immature but I saw his eagerness to learn and enthusiasm to reach his simple goals.


From the few projects we’ve had, I would say we also became friends. He was even a confidante. This guy has always been very appreciative of the simple things that he said he was able to learn from me and from our work.


Time came when I told him that maybe his real calling is to become a talent agent or a talent manager because that is where he is great at and I know that he’ll be a great talent manager some day. I know he misunderstood me at that time, he thought I didn’t like his work, but then I’ve explained to him that I do see a greater future in his being a talent agent or manager.


True enough, he was able to penetrate television, he started supplying audience for tv variety shows. He said he doesn’t earn much but he enjoys his work much. I remember he would always show me his I.D. issued by a big tv network – with his name in it and his designation as talent coordinator. He also became a part of a talent agency. I’ve seen him slowly fulfilling his dreams.


My Pink Fairy Friend is a loving son to his sickly mom who lives in the province. One time when we had a talk, he showed me bank deposit slips. He sees to it that the bigger percentage of his earnings goes to his mom. My friend is very selfless.


Well, perhaps he is indeed selfless –- he thought not about his cellphone but he thought of the safety of the teenager talent he was with that gruesome Sunday. He feared not only for his life but also for the life of that boy.


The first words that came from me when I first saw him when I visited him last Tuesday, “Sana hindi ka na lumaban.” But then I am not my Pink Fairy friend.


I can’t help but feel hatred towards those ugly night creatures in Padre Faura who stabbed and almost killed my friend. My friend is just trying to earn a clean living and trying to fulfill his simple dreams. I do pray that the Bigger and Greater Knowledge in this life would not place you in eternal damnation, if such really exists. My Pink Fairy friend is so forgiving that he said he had already forgiven those creatures.


To my Pink Fairy Friend, get well soon…. We’ll still have projects together! Love and Light to you!


To those ugly night creatures, may you find simple abundance and may you find God and love within you. May you realize that providing for yourself or for your family doesn’t have to mean almost stabbing someone to death.


May your souls find the light that would remove the darkness in your poverty stricken path. To all these, I shall say Amen.


1 comment:

  1. I'am so thank full to Miss Ena The Great Caster In Tv Advertizing She also A good Writer again more power to you Miss Ena thanks for your help and support god bless you and family...

    ReplyDelete